Wednesday, January 12, 2011

Starbucks launches new logo

Source by Starbucks

Starbucks launched a new logo. The words “Starbucks coffee” disappeared and the color of the logo became simpler.

As you know, a logo is very important for marketing. And Starbucks’ logo is familiar to people in many countries. Starbucks is the world’s biggest coffee chain. Last year I went to Shanghai and I saw lots of this logo. Of course, it’s the same in Japan.

I think that to change their logo is a great executive decision for Starbucks.
Starbucks succeeded in providing the “Starbucks experience” as a third place. And I think that they have acquired a lot of fans.
In the last few years they have expanded their business to CPG such as Starbucks VIA which is an instant coffee. At that time, I thought this strategy will not elevate the brand value but these products were able to support Starbucks’ sales.
They will expand CPG. I hope they continue to provide good places.

No comments:

Google