Wednesday, December 1, 2010

China mobile

China mobile have 500 million subscribers!!
For a moment, I couldn't believe what I'm hearing.

According to TAC, docomo, the largest mobile communications company in Japan, has about 55 million subscribers in the end of 2009. China mobile is one digit bigger than docomo.

I took a look at Annual Report of China mobile. It shows that they have 522.3 million subscribers in 2009. I charted the subscriptions from the year 2005 to 2009. Their subscribers increased at an average annual rate of 20.7% last 5 years.

I'm interested in how to monetize their enormous subscribers without voice and data connection. In my opinion, They should build up a platform service. But now I don't know what service is good, because I don't understand their service.

No comments:

Google